Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just US!!!!

We had a full date day planned for today. We headed out to Shaw Air Force base to check out the Thunderbird Air show. It was pretty cool as it was last year when I saw it in Hawaii. I took a few pictures but instead of boring you with them I've decided to share my favorite part of our day. 
This one above was taken right before we left the air show, I love his smile!!!

From there we headed to the local Strawberry farm, which happens to be just around the corner from post. I've been wanting to go for a while now but whenever we've make plans something would always come up. 

 A couple people I know have been and they tried to explain to me how it was set up but it just didn't make sense. Something you kinda have to see to get. We decided on two small baskets vs. a large bucket to pick and fill because we didn't want to get to many and them go to waste before we made our way through them. 
The field was so large line with rows and rows of Strawberry plants filled with large red plump berries!!!! 
He was seriously on a roll picking, we each went on a different row across from each other. 
I have to say he got some pretty large ones, I was impressed. 
My freshly picked Strawberries, ready to take them home and chow down!!!! 
 Aren't they so PURDY!!!!!!! They were super tasty as well!!!! 

Cottle Strawberry Farm should be open till around the end of May so I'm thinking we might try to make at least one more trip out there before they close for the season. 

The best part about today was it was just the Mister and I. We had nothing planned with anyone else, no worries on being some were by a certain time. It was a go with the flow kinda day and enjoy the moment. 

~DAY 206~

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Yum!! I love strawberries! You guys are the cutest.

Janna Renee said...

I love hanging out with just the hubby. We make a point to have days like this, for the SAME reasons. I LOVE strawberries. You can do so much with them, and they are sooo good for you!

ROXY said...

That sounds like fun... I know there's a strawberry farm around here too. I'll need to check it out someday.

GC said...

I love berry picking! So fun :)