Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Boo

It's MAY 1st, I still can't get over how fast this year is going by. I'm loving it so much only because I have so much to look forward to come the fall and then its just that much closer to us PCSing again. But today isn't about the Army or our time here its all about MY LOVE. Today is his 29th birthday, I can't believe we are here again, another birthday. Crazy because when we got together he was only 23 years old. 
My plan / goal was to get up this morning when he did before PT and fix him breakfast. Sadly that didn't happen because I was a bit tired and lazy. Knowing he would be coming home to shower and clean up before heading back to work for the day I had other plans. I quickly got myself ready for work and rushed off to DD. His all time favorite breakfast eatery. Picking up his favorite donuts and a box of KCups for him to enjoy when he got home. We hardly ever leave with out a box of KCups when we go there. I left it all on the kitchen counter so he saw it as soon as he came home. :) 

The joys of working, I hate HATE working on my birthday and feel terrible that the hubbs had to today. He didn't seem to mind but still its never fun. Some time last week I had ordered him his favorite Red Velvet cake from The Local Fresh Market. After work I stopped by to pick it up, since he was still at softball practice I was able to get in the house with out him seeing right away. 
We then headed out to do a bit of window shopping around town. He wanted to stop off at a couple gun stores to see if they had some parts he wanted. I needed to go to Davids Bridal to try on bridesmaid dresses for a wedding I'll be in come October. A stop in the book store then finally we were headed to dinner. Red Lobster was his choice for the evening and I didn't mind one bit. Funny though seeings I absolutely do not eat a single thing that involves sea food. I just don't like it, or the fact that it comes from the dirty water. Never have Never will. Instead I indulged on a fabulous Cajun Chicken Pasta that is simply to die for. Prior to that we had a Cesar Salad and Lobster Pizza, half with and half with out lobster though. Oh and of course you can't go to Red Lobster and not overly stuff your self with those wonderful cheddar biscuits they have. I could eat those things all day long they are so good. The hubbs ordered a assorted ship and taco plate and ate every last bite of it. We hadn't been to RL in over a year so we took full advantage of it tonight. 
It was a simple evening nothing extravagant of crazy over the top since it was a work night. We found a place local here that does cooking classes and we plan on taking some of those together here with in the next few weeks, to help continue the celebration. (this is one of the things he said he wanted to do for his bday.) I love this man to pieces and I'm so glad we were together this year to celebrate his big day!!!!! 
HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY BABY!!!!!!!!!

~DAY 201~

3 comments:

Mrs. Robinson said...

It sounds like y'all had so much fun celebrating! =) You are such a good wife to him.

Janna Renee said...

Aww you are such a good wifey. Happy Birthday to your hubby! That pasta looked amazing!

ROXY said...

Happy belated birthday to your hubby! Sounds like an awesome way to celebrate his birthday. We didn't do anything special for my husband's birthday since he had a long work day on his birthday AND had CQ the following day.