Friday, December 9, 2011

Cookies Cookies Cookies

DAY 56

This is only the first of many to come.


I had planned to bake these in the morning before work but since I was asked to sub tomorrow I had to make them tonight. Tomorrow night the At Ease group is having their December get together. Instead of doing a Pot Luck dinner we are doing a cookie exchange & making ornaments. I wanted to do a cookie that I hadn't made yet but that would be simple and semi easy to make as well as make a large amount. When skimming through my cookie books I came across a recipe for these French Christmas Cookies and they fit my criteria to a T.
I gathered up everything I was going to need to make them and got to mixing. I was a wee bit nervous because there wasn't much to the batter but I had faith. With the first batch in the oven I was still nervous, wondering how they were going to turn out. They smelled great & set up really well in the mini muffin cups with out any issues. I have to say they turned out a 100 times better then I though they would. I seriously think I have a new favorite cookie, not to mention Gabe LOVED them and couldn't stop raving about how good they were. The recipe says to store them in the refrigerator so that I did, later that evening before we went to bed I helped myself to another one and let me tell you they are even better after being chilled in the frig.
I really think I could go on and on about how delicious they are but I'll let you try them out for yourself. I've included the recipe below.
It says it makes 9-1/2 dozen but I managed to get about 78 cookies out of it. Hope you enjoy and please fill free to let me know how yours turn out.

French Christmas Cookies~

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, soften
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk
2-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 cups finely chopped walnuts

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk. Stir in crumbs, chips and walnuts. Fill miniature foil baking cups about three-fourths full. Place 1 in. apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool on a wire rack & then store in the frig.
I noticed that I had to cook mine for a bit longer, 14 minutes and they were perfect.

They wont last long at all I can promise you that one so be sure to make a double batch!!!!!

No comments: