Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bright Ideas

DAY 64

Being Artsy


Prepping for the SPOUSES arrival. Last night about 11pm I had a bright idea that I wanted to be "that person" holding a "Welcome to sign" for the spouse when we went to pick her up at the airport. I begged Gabe to go to Walmart when me right then to get the stuff to make it seeings the PX was closed. It was a no go, he was tired and had to be at work at 430am the next morning. BOOOOO.
So what did I have to do.....WAIT. This morning after getting up and dressed I made my way to the PX and loaded up on supplies. I wanted to get it finished before I went to work this afternoon because I had loads to do this evening and I was trying my hardest to have everything ready for her arrival the day before (today). I managed to finish up all the wording and filling in of the lettering before I left but it was still missing something. It seemed to white, on my way home from work I stopped by Hobby Lobby and picked up some Crayons to add a bit more color. Finally it was complete the coloring took forever but I'm happy with the way it turned out. It kinda looks like a 5 year old made it but that's ok I know they spouse will love it. Speaking of we were on the phone chatting away while I was working on it tonight and it took all I had not to tell her about it.
I cant wait to Welcome her to the SOUTH!!!!!

No comments: